Tuesday 10 April 2012

A Little Teaser

Well, I'm fully (?) recovered from recent ailments, 14 working days left to retirement, and just back from ten days caravanning in the Loire Valley, where a number of us (three caravans in convoy, I bet the local road users loved us) indulged in a bout of wine-tasting and purchase, museum visiting, and Chateau ogling.

During the second we visited the Musee Des Blindes at Saumur, the French museum of armoured vehicles. I'm not well up on tanks, but the museum has approximately 800 assorted vehicles, from WW1 to date, covering all nations. I took so many photos the battery in the camera died. Eventually, after I've weeded out the rubbish, out of focus, and camera shake ones; and identified the rest (I did make a list as I went round), I will post the best. So keep an eye out.

In the meantime, here is a photo from another visit, this time to the Chateau du Clos Luce, final home of Leonardo Da Vinci (no, I didn't know he died and was buried in France either). This is of one of his inventions, models and replicas of quite a few are on show.


and his tank. I can see how this wouldn't catch on, as it seemed to be worked by four (big strong) fellows turning handles while the artillerists (?) worked the guns in very cramped conditions.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a super trip and congrats on your forthcoming retirement!
    Love the Da Vinci piccies- I have always been tempted by the kit of the tank you can get for 28mm figures.
    Looking forward to more of your postings...
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you'll make it. I believe Italeri has the tank kit available ... Jeff

    ReplyDelete