Tuesday 28 January 2014

A serendipidous find

If there is such a word!


While rooting in the loft last night, (we are trying to empty the detritus of years) I came across a box with my son's name on it. On opening it I found four biscuit tins containing, not only his Britains spacemen but a large amount of unpainted original plastic Spencer Smith 'Charge' style figures. Over the next few days I'll be sorting these out and will produce photos of the horde.
It is my intention to dispose of these, possibly bagged up in units, at the original price (1d per infantry, 4dha'penny per cavalry). Any one interested in them, please let me know. It will take some time to sort them out, as they include hatmen, grenadiers, two styles of cavalry (and some Franco Prussin Uhlans) mounted officers and artillery.
Keep your eyes on the blog updates.


Update.
To save a lot of problems, I shall just mention that I have been contacted by someone, and will be letting this person have first refusal.


These have now been sent on their way to their new home.

2 comments:

  1. Shame! Not fast enough!
    You could almost certainly get more for them than the prices you mention....
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably, but this is a hobby and I don't expect to make money out of it.

      Delete