Tuesday 11 February 2014

A new TV programme

While sitting here nursing a King sized cold I caught the trailers and first episode of a new (to me at least) programme on the Yesterday channel called "The Re-Inventors". Did anyone else catch it?
This seems a similar programme to Mythbusters but the technicians build and try out old inventions. The episode I saw involved a 19th century proposal for a solar powered crematorium! The final 'coming next time' section shows them building a medieval Chinese flame throwere, and the trailers seem to include a number of items with military applications, including a Da-Vinci machine gun and what looked like a Prussia (?) 19the century helmet gun.


I could be worth finding appropriate episodes.

3 comments:

  1. Oddly enough I caught it for the first time last night as well. The flame-thrower episode followed on from the one you watched (but I thought they were following a 1980s patent for the crem).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you're right on the crem date, I can't say I hear the tv too well sometimes.

    ReplyDelete